If you are here, you must be looking for assistance with your STARZ app activation. STARZ is an American TV Network and online streaming service which broadcasts movies and original television series. The app is supported on all streaming devices viz. iOS, Android, Roku, Xbox, and Amazon Fire TV. You only need a subscription with STARZ to stream the content on your device. So, here is a detailed procedure for activating the STARZ app on different streaming devices. Check out the steps for your device and enjoy.
Signing Up for a STARZ Account
First and foremost, get a subscription or sign-up for a STARZ account. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the official website at www.starz.com and click the ‘CLAIM SPECIAL OFFER’ button on the top-right corner.
- Enter your email address and click the ‘CONTINUE’ button.
- Complete the process carefully to create your account. You will be asked to enter some personal information and payment details.
- Once the account setup is complete, you can activate the app on different devices.
Note: A seven-day free trial will be offered on sign-up. If you like the content, you can continue with a paid subscription. If not, cancel the subscription before the free trial period ends.
Activating STARZ App on Android TV
For activating the STARZ app on your Android TV, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Switch on your Smart TV and go to the Play Store.
- Look for the STARZ app and click the ‘Install’ button to add the app to your TV.
- Once the installation is complete, locate the app on the home screen.
- Open the app and log in using your ID and Password. You will see an activation code on the TV screen.
- From a different device, visit starz.com/activate and enter the code in the given box. Click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Once the activation process is complete, you can stream the content on your smart TV.
Activating STARZ App on Apple TV
First, you need to download the STARZ Play app from the Apple App Store and then follow the steps mentioned below for activating the app on your Apple TV:
- Once the download is complete, locate the app on the home screen.
- Open the app and log in using your STARZ account ID and password. On login, an activation code will appear on the screen.
- Now, from a PC or mobile device, visit starz.com/activate and enter the code in the given space. Click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Once the activation is successful, your Apple TV will be ready to stream the STARZ app.
Activating STARZ App on Amazon Fire TV
The process here will help you in activating the STARZ app on your Amazon Fire TV:
- Turn on the TV and go to the Amazon Application store.
- Look for the STARZ app and download it on your Fire TV.
- Once the download is done, launch the app and sign in using your credentials. You will get an activation code.
- Go to starz.com/activate from another device and enter the code in the provided space. Click the ‘Submit’ button.
- On successful activation, the app on your Fire TV will refresh. Enjoy watching great titles viz. Jumanji, For the Love of Money, Venom, Spiderman, and more.
Activating STARZ App on Xbox
The STARZ app is compatible with Xbox One, One S, and Xbox Series X/S. Here are the steps to activate the app:
- Turn on the Xbox console and sign in to your device.
- Select the ‘Store’ and go to the ‘Apps’ section.
- Look for the STARZ app and click the ‘Install’ button to add the app to your device.
- Open the app and log in using your account’s details. You will see an activation code on the screen.
- Now, go to starz.com/activate and enter the code in the given box. Click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Once the activation is complete, you can watch the movies and shows on your Xbox console.
Activating STARZ App on Roku
The process of activating the STARZ app on Roku is simple. Follow the steps mentioned here:
- Turn on your Roku and make sure you are signed in to your device.
- Go to the Home screen and select the ‘Streaming Channels’ option.
- Select the ‘Search Channels’ option from the left-side menu and type ‘STARZ’ in the search bar.
- Select the app from the results and click the ‘Add Channel’ button. You will be asked to enter the PIN if you are using any for confirming the download.
- Once the installation is done, click the ‘Go to Channel’ button.
- Open the app/ channel and log in using your STARZ credentials. An activation code will be generated. Take note of it.
- Now, on a different browser, visit starz.com/activate and enter the activation code. Click the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
- Complete the remaining process to enjoy your favorite movies and shows on your Roku device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Can I get the STARZ app on my iPhone?
Yes, the STARZ app is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod running on iOS 10.3 or greater.
Q. On how many devices can I stream with my STARZ account?
With a single STARZ account, you can stream the content on up to four devices simultaneously.
Q. How much will the STARZ monthly subscription cost?
STARZ monthly subscription plan costs $8.99. However, currently, a special offer running at $5 for the 1st month. Go and check the official website.
Q. Which Android OS version should I have for streaming the STARZ app on my mobile device?
The STARZ app will run efficiently on Android devices running on OS 5 or greater.
Q. I can hear the sound of the media but cannot see the video while streaming on the STARZ app. Why? What is the fix?
This issue occurs mainly because of low internet speed. Here are the fixes:
- Close the app and relaunch it. Now, try playing the media.
- Run a speed test to check the download speed, it should be at least 2 Mbps. If the speed is less than 2 Mbps, connect to a better internet connection.
- Try rebooting your router, if applicable.
- Wait for some time and try again if the internet connection gets better.
If any of these fixes don’t work, get in touch with the Customer Care team.