Rocket League is a fun game and a serious esport with tournaments that offer players chances to win hundreds, thousands, and even millions of dollars. A lot of people bet on these events. If you are a newbie who wants to start playing Rocket League, the first thing you need to do is activate your Rocket League account via rocketleague.com/activate. Here, we have covered the detailed process of activating the Rocket League.
Creating an Epic Games Account
For activating Rocket League, you need to have an Epic Games account. Here’s what you need to follow:
- Go to the official website at www.epicgames.com.
- Click the ‘Sign In’ option in the top right corner.
- The Sign-In page will appear. Look for the ‘Don’t have an Epic Games account? Sign Up’ option at the bottom. Click the ‘Sign Up’ link.
- Choose a sign-up method. You can sign-up using your email, Facebook, Xbox Live, Google, Apple, Steam, Nintendo, or PlayStation account. Select any one option.
- The Sign Up page will appear. Enter your name, last name, display name, email address, and password. Click the ‘Continue’ button. Complete the sign-up process.
Activating the Rocket League Account at rocketleague.com/activate
Although Rocket League is free to play, you need to activate your account. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Go to the official activation page at rocketleague.com/activate and click the ‘Log In’ button.
- Select the option with which you have created your Epic Games account.
- Enter your credentials and click the ‘Log In Now’ button.
- Once the log-in is successful, set your Primary Platform.
- Now, enjoy playing Rocket League.
What is a Primary Platform?
The Primary Platform is where all the Rocket League progressions (viz. Competitive rank, Rocket Pass progress, and Experience level) will be stored. It is best to choose the platform where you have completed the longest duration in rocket League and have reached the highest rank as your Primary Platform. All the esports tokens and credits will remain on the respective platforms they are purchased on and can only be used on the original platforms. However, they will appear in the Epic Games account.
Steps to Connect Multiple Platforms to Epic Games Account
You can connect additional platforms to your Epic Games account. Here are the simple steps to be followed:
- Go to the official page at epicgames.com.
- Log into your account and go to the Accounts Connections page from your profile.
- You will see the options to connect your PlayStation, Xbox, and other devices to your account.
- Select the platform you want to connect.
- Go to rocketleague.com/activate and click the Log In option.
- Choose a method to sign in.
- Select the ‘Login and Connect’button for each platform you want to add/ connect.
- Click the ‘Link Account’ option.
- Follow the prompts on the respective platform’s site to complete the process.
Note: Connecting to multiple platforms is useful when you want to engage in cross-platform play.
Important Things to Note While Linking your Rocket League Account to Epic Games Account
Here are some important things you must know while linking your Rocket League Account to your Epic Games Account:
Rewards: On linking your Rocket League account to your Epic Games account, the Chopper EG Wheel will be added to your inventory.
Access to Platform-Exclusive Items: Please note that you cannot access platform-exclusive via Epic Games. However, you can access these items on their respective platforms.
Non-Primary Platforms: Your competitive rank and Rocket Pass progress will be available only on the Primary platform. You can access the Primary platform from all the linked platforms.
About Rocket League
The game Rocket League was released on 7th July 2015 by Psyonix. It sold more than ten million copies and was a huge success. People loved the idea of playing football with rocket cars. The game became esport in 2016 just one year after its release. Initially, it started with small prizes of $55,000 to $125,000. However, the events grew quite quickly with larger sums of prizes. In 2019, Rocket League was bought by Epic Games.
Also Read: www.ballysports.com/activate
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to change the Primary Platform for Rocket League?
Here are the steps to be followed to change the Primary Platform for Rocket League:
- Go to rocketleague.com/activate and click the ‘Log In’ button.
- Sign-in using your method.
- On successful sign-in, select the ‘Change Primary’ button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the process.
- Your Primary Platform will be changed upon successful completion of the process.
Please note that the Primary Platform can be changed only once every 24 hours.
How can I disconnect platforms from my Epic Games account for Rocket League?
It is highly advised not to disconnect your Primary Platform as it stores all your game progress which will be lost on disconnection. Also, once disconnected, you won’t be able to connect a different platform of the same type to the same Epic account. If you still want to continue, here are the steps to be followed:
- Log into your Epic Games account and make sure that the email is verified. If not, click the yellow notification at the top and verify your email via the message sent to your inbox.
- Now, visit the Connected Accounts Page.
- Click the ‘Accounts’ tab.
- Click the ‘Disconnect’ button below the platform you want to discontinue.
Is it possible to play Rocket League without an Epic Games account?
No. An Epic Games account is necessary for playing Rocket League. You will need your Epic Games account credentials to log into Rocket League and play.
How to purchase Credits in Rocket League?
Follow the steps mentioned here to purchase in-game Credits:
- Open Rocket League and open the Main menu.
- Select the ‘Item Shop’ option. Click the ‘Buy Credits’ button.
- Choose the number of Credits you want to buy and click the ‘Purchase’ option.
- A confirmation message will appear on the screen displaying the details of your purchase.
- Complete the purchase and place your order.
- You can see the new Credit balance on the top right corner of the ‘Item Shop’ tab.