Paramount Plus offers the best entertainment from Comedy Central, CBS, BET, MTV, Nickelodeon, and others. You can enjoy great movies and shows with the app which can be activated on various streaming devices such as Apple TV, LG TV, Samsung TV, Xbox, and more. However, here, we will be covering the Roku device. So, for Paramount+ activation steps on Roku at paramountplus.com/roku, read the complete article.
Paramount+ Supported Roku Models
Paramount+ will be supported on the following Roku versions and models:
- Roku 2 (except 2HD, 2XD, 2XS), 3, and 4
- Roku HD (except 2500X)
- Roku LT (except 2400X, 2450X)
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Streaming Stick (3500x, 3600X or later)
- Roku Express and Express+
- Roku Premiere and Premiere+
- 4k Roku TV
- Roku TV
Activating the Paramount+ App on Roku using paramountplus.com/roku
While activating the app on Roku, there are two scenarios:
- Activating via your TV
- Activating via the Web
We have covered both scenarios in detail ahead.
Activating via your TV
Sign Up for Paramount+ on your Roku (New Subscriber)
If you haven’t subscribed to Paramount+, you can do the same while activating the app on your Roku device. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Turn on your Roku device and go to the Streaming Channels option.
- Search for the Paramount+ app and click the ‘Add Channel’ option to add the channel on your device.
- Now, launch the channel and select the ‘Sign Up’ option.
- Select a subscription plan.
- A screen will appear on the screen for creating the account. Your Roku information will be pre-entered. Click the ‘Next’ button.
- Enter your Roku PIN.
- You will return to the app’s home screen. Start streaming your favorite content.
Sign Up for Paramount+ on your Roku (Existing Subscriber)
Here are the steps to be followed if you are an existing Paramount+ subscriber:
- Go to the Streaming Channels option from the home screen of your Roku device.
- Click on the ‘Search’ icon and look for the Paramount+ app.
- Select the app and click the ‘Add Channel’ option.
- Now, launch the channel and select the Sign In> On My TV option.
- Enter our Paramount+ email address and password. Click the Sign In button.
- You can now stream the app on your Roku device.
Activating on the Web at paramountplus.com/roku
Here are the steps to be followed:
- Download the Paramount+ app on your Roku device (follow the steps mentioned above for downloading the app).
- Now, locate the app on your device and open it.
- Select Sign In> On My TV option. You will see an activation code with some instructions. Make a note of the code.
- Now, visit paramountplus.com/roku from a PC or Mobile device.
- Enter the activation code in the provided space and click the ‘Activate’ button.
- If you are not signed in to your Paramount+ account, sign-in.
- Once the activation process is complete, the Roku screen will refresh and you can start streaming.
Paramount+ App Troubleshooting
If the app crashes on your device, you can try the following troubleshooting options:
- Restart your Roku device. On the Roku player, go to Settings> System> System Restart.
- Restart your Roku TV. Go to Settings> System> Power> System Restart.
- Unplug the Roku device from the Power source, and replug after waiting for some time.
If you are facing issues in streaming the content, check for the app’s version and update it to the latest. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Go to the Settings> System option from the Roku home screen.
- Now, select the ‘System Update’ option.
- Click ‘Check Now’ for the updates. If the app is not updated to the latest version, the update will run automatically.
I am seeing a Black and Purple screen with audio while streaming Paramount+. How to fix it?
If you are facing the mentioned issue, try the following fixes:
On Roku Stick
Follow these steps:
- Unplug your device from the Power source and TV for 1 minute.
- Plug in back the device.
- Turn on the device again with the Roku remote.
- Try launching the app again and streaming the content.
On Roku Player
- Go to Settings> System> System Restart to restart your device.
- Unplug your Roku device from power for a minimum of 10 seconds.
- Plug it back again.
- Turn on your Roku device. Wait for 1 minute.
- Open the Paramount+ app again and check if the issue is resolved.
If the above fixes don’t work, try these:
- Connect your device directly to the TV.
- Make sure you are using an HDMI cable.
- Try a new HDMI cable.
- Try reversing the HDMI cable’s ends.
- Try another HDMI port.
- Check your HDMI cable on another device. If it is working fine, there may be an issue with your HDMI port. Get it fixed.
- Get in touch with the support team at Roku as well as Paramount Plus.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What is the difference between Paramount Plus and Paramount Network?
Paramount Plus is a subscription-based streaming service while Paramount Network is a traditional cable channel. It is available through TV Providers.
Q. How much will the Paramount Plus subscription cost?
The no-ads subscription costs $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year.
Q. Is live TV available with Paramount Plus?
Yes, live TV is available with a Paramount Plus subscription. It offers more than 1,000 live sporting events throughout the year, local CBS news, and 24-hour news. It also includes around 2,500 on-demand titles.
Q. Is Paramount+ free on Roku?
No. You need to have a Paramount+ subscription for streaming on Roku. The Essential Plan costs $4.99 per month. You can cancel the subscription anytime.
Q. Can I share my Paramount Plus subscription? And, with how many users?
Yes, you can share your Paramount Plus subscription. It can be streamed on three devices simultaneously, which means you can add two more users to your subscription plan.
Q. Is there a free trial with Paramount Plus?
Yes, there is a seven-day free trial with Paramount Plus. You can change it or cancel anytime. A 16% off (in comparison to a monthly plan) is also available on an annual plan.