Got a new Nectar card? Congratulations! You can now enjoy great deals and offers on your purchases at Sainsbury’s via your Nectar points. But, before running to the store, first, you need to activate the card. The process is quick and easy. And, we have covered the same in detail here. So, read on to learn the steps for activating the Nectar card, setting up an online account (registration), and more.
Nectar Card Registration
You can register for a Nectar card online (official website) or via the app. Here are the steps to apply/ register via the official website:
- Access the official website www.nectar.com through your browser.
- Click the ‘Join Now’ button in the top right corner.
- Select the ‘I don’t have a Nectar Card’ option and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Enter your email address (valid and active). Make a choice for marketing emails and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Complete the registration process. You will receive your card within 14 days. After that, you can move on to the activation process.
Note: You can also get the Nectar card from a Sainsbury’s store. In this case, you need to fill out the application form and send it back to the store for processing.
Nectar Card Activation
In order to enjoy the Nectar card benefits, you need to activate the card before using it. The activation process is mentioned here:
- Visit the official activation page at nectar.com/activate.
- You will see two options to choose from – have a card or don’t have a card. Let’s take each option one by one.
I already have a Nectar Card
- Select the above-mentioned option and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Enter the eleven-digit number mentioned on your card in the given box. And, click the ‘Continue’ button. If you don’t have your Nectar Card with you while activating, there are options to get your card number. Click on ‘Need help with your card number?’ under the box and follow the instructions to retrieve your eleven-digit card number.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process. A message will appear on the screen on successful activation.
I don’t have a Nectar Card
- Select the option mentioned above and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Enter your email address in the given box. If you don’t want any marketing emails, tick the check box in front of the option. Click the ‘Continue’ button.
- You will be asked to complete the application process. Once the application is submitted, you will receive your card within 14 days.
- And, once you get the Nectar Card, you can carry on with the activation process (as mentioned in the above section).
Also Read: destinycard.com/activate
Nectar Card – Troubleshooting
Error – ‘personal data is not validated’
This error occurs while setting up an online Nectar account. The reason for the error might be that you already have an account with Nectar. If an email address or mobile number is used before registering, your personal details can’t be validated. You can get in touch with the support team to resolve the issue.
Getting a ‘card blocked’ message from Sainsbury’s
If you get this message, here are some troubleshooting fixes:
- If you haven’t activated the card yet, complete the activation. Then, you can use your card and check the special offers.
- If you haven’t swiped your card for more than 12 months at a Sainsbury’s store, this message may appear. Get in touch with the customer representatives at the store to fix the issue.
Invalid code or code not working
If the code sent to you is not working, the following might be the reasons:
- The code remains valid only for a few minutes. So, complete the activation process as soon as you receive the code.
- Please check if you are entering the correct code.
- You can request the code again.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How can I avail an offer through my card?
To avail an offer, you need to activate it on your card. Follow the steps mentioned here:
- Login to the account.
- Click the ‘activate offer/ load onto the card’ option.
- Enjoy your offers.
Check the new offers at nectar.com/nectar-connect.
Q. What if my Nectar card is damaged?
If your Nectar card is damaged, request a card replacement through the online website or app. The new card will be sent to you via post. You will receive the card within ten days. You can use the same card number for shopping. In case the card is lost or stolen, a new card number will be issued.
Q. What is Nectar Donate?
Nectar Donate is a new offering where you can donate your points to local charities across the UK. The donated points are converted into funding.
Q. Why are my Nectar prices different from my friend’s?
Nectar Prices are offered as per the shopping habits of customers. Thus, different customers have different Nectar prices. The more you shop, the more tailored your discounts will be.
Q. We have four Nectar cards in our family. Can we add them to a shared account?
Yes. Up to 99 cards can be added to the same account.
Q. I share my Nectar account with my family members. How will my Nectar prices be tailored?
If more than one card is linked to a Nectar account, Nectar prices will be tailored as per the shopping activities of the primary Nectar account holder.
Q. If the prices in the store are less than My Nectar Prices, what will I be charged?
You will always be charged the lowest available prices.
Q. I don’t want to receive any push notifications from Nectar. How can I stop it?
On Android devices, go to the Nectar App’s settings and turn off the notifications. On iOS devices, you can do this via device settings.
Q. I see the ‘Nectar activity is running’ notification on my mobile device. What does it mean?
In Android Oreo & plus devices, a new feature ‘notification channel’ has been introduced. This feature informs users about processes running in the background along with the app that is running the process.