Xbox is among the most popular gaming consoles. To enjoy the best gaming experience, it is advised to sign into your device with your Xbox account. However, if you forget your Xbox account password, you can sign in to your account through www.microsoft.com/link via a verification code. For this, you must have your Microsoft account credentials. Here, in the article, we will be discussing the process of signing in to your Xbox account via microsoft.com/link.
Important: Please note that for this method to work, you need to have access to your Microsoft account.
With your Xbox account password, you can sign into your account without any verification code. However, if you forgot your password, you can sign into your account via the Microsoft verification code (provided you remember your Microsoft account’s credentials). Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Turn on your Xbox console and press the ‘Xbox’ button. This will launch the guide.
2. Now, go to ‘Settings> Profile & System and select your current Xbox account.
3. Select ‘Use another device’ and you will see an alphanumeric code on the screen. Just keep the display open.
4. Now, on a different device, go to www.microsoft.com/link and enter the code in the provided space. Click the ‘Next’ button.
5. Enter the email address for your Microsoft account and select ‘Next’. You can also provide the Skype ID or mobile number associated with your account.
6. Enter your account’s password and click the ‘Sign In’ button.
7. You will see a message on the screen if you want to stay signed in. In case you are using a trusted device, select ‘Yes’.
8. A notification will appear for successful sign-in to Xbox. go back to your Xbox console and check the same.
Similar Post: www-real-debrid.com/device
Recovering Microsoft Account Password
The above process will work if you know your Microsoft account password. But, what if you don’t remember the password? In this case, you need first to recover the password and then continue with the Xbox sign-in process. Here is the quick process for recovering the Microsoft account password:
- Go to the password recovery page on a web browser.
- Enter your email address and click the ‘Next’ button. You will be required to enter a security code in the provided space.
- Now, you will receive a security code via email message or phone number.
- Enter the code in the provided space and set up a new password. You will be asked to type the new password twice.
- That’s it! Now you have a new password.
- Log in to your Microsoft account using the new password.
Note: Your password must be a combination of uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols with a minimum of eight characters.
Adding a New Microsoft Account to Xbox Console
If you can’t recover the password, you can also add a new Microsoft account to your Xbox device. Here is the process to do so:
- Press the Xbox button on your remote to open the Xbox guide.
- Open ‘Settings’ and select ‘Profile & System’.
- Select the ‘Add or Switch’ option and then select the ‘Add New’ option
- Enter the email address of your new account and press the ‘Enter’ button.
- Read the Microsoft Service Agreement & Privacy Statement. Choose the ‘I Accept’ option.
- Configure ‘Sign-In & Security’ preferences to complete the process.
Logging into your Microsoft account allows using your Xbox console to the fullest. All user and app data will be synced on your device. You can also make in-game, and app purchases along with subscribing to premium packages such as Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold. You can also save the progress of your game and play online with your friends.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I forgot to sign out from my friend’s Xbox. Can I sign out from his device from my home?
You can try the following options to avoid access to your profile:
- Sign into your Xbox One device. As the account cannot be signed into more than one device at a time, it will be forced to be signed out from your friend’s device.
- Change your Xbox account password.
- Follow these steps to sign out:
- Go to microsoft.com and sign into your account.
- Click the profile icon and press the ‘My Microsoft Account’ option.
- Scroll down and click the ‘All Devices’ option under the ‘Devices’ section.
- Look for your friend’s device and click on the three dots.
- Select the ‘Remove Xbox’ option and that’s it.
- You are now successfully signed out from your friend’s Xbox console.
Does Xbox offer parental control?
Yes. You can manage your child’s time and activities on Xbox by setting up a family account.
Is the Xbox app available for iOS devices?
Yes, you can download the app from the App Store.
Is it necessary to have a Microsoft account for creating an Xbox account?
Yes. You need to have a Microsoft account for creating an Xbox account.
Is Xbox login the same as Microsoft login?
No, Xbox login is different from Microsoft login. You required a different account for both. However, you can use the same email id to set up these accounts.