The FIFA World Cup is just around the corner. While the teams are preparing rigorously for the competition, the fans are preparing not to miss out on even a single game. One of the best options for streaming the games is Roku. Here, in the article, we will discuss how to watch the FIFA World Cup 2022 on Roku.
The rights to broadcast the 2022 World Cup is with FOX. The event will be aired on FOX, FS1, and other networks. If you have a Roku device, you can watch the FIFA World Cup via various options. Some are listed below.
Steps to Stream FIFA World Cup 2022 on Roku
For streaming FIFA World Cup 2022 on your Roku device, you need to have a streaming service subscription. The streaming service options are mentioned below. Here are the general steps that you need to follow for streaming FIFA World Cup on Roku:
- Turn on your Roku device and the connected device.
- Navigate to the Roku Channel store and search for the app for which you have bought a subscription.
- Select the app from the search results.
- Download your selected app (viz. FuboTV, Sling TV, Hulu Plus Live TV) on your Roku device.
- Once the download is complete, sign in using your credentials (username and password). These are the details you have used while purchasing the subscription.
- If an activation code appears on the screen, follow the on-screen instruction to complete the verification process.
- You will be asked to visit the activation link using a different browser and enter the code in the provided field to complete the activation process.
- Once the sign-in/ activation process is complete, you can start streaming FIFA events on your Roku device.
Similar Post: ballysports.com/activate Roku
How to Watch FIFA 2022 on Roku? Available Options
You can get a subscription from any of the below-mentioned streaming services, download their respective applications on your Roku device, and stream the FIFA world cup.
In comparison to normal satellite or cable TV services, a subscription from DIRECTV Stream will be more cost-effective for streaming the FIFA World Cup. Just get a DIRECTV Stream subscription package and enjoy watching the game on your Roku device or computer.
YouTube TV offers access to FOX, FS1, NBC Universal, Telemundo, and NBCSN. So, you can easily watch all the games by downloading the app on your Roku device.
If you are a TV user, you will need an antenna along with a subscription to watch the FIFA World Cup. Sling TV users also get access to live feeds from FS1, NBC Universal, and NBCSN.
FuboTV offers access to all the soccer channels viz. Telemundo, FS1, NBCSN, and NBC Universo. Moreover, initially, FuboTV was conceived as a streaming service for soccer. Hence, it has immense popularity among football fans.
Hulu + Live TV
A Hulu Plus Live TV subscription will allow access to on-demand content and other popular shows. You can view the FIFA World Cup games on FS1, FOX, Telemundo, and NBCSN.
About FIFA World Cup
FIFA World Cup, the Football World Cup, is an international football competition that is conducted every four years except for 1942 and 1946. The first game was played in 1930. Members of FIFA compete in the competition. In 2022, 32 teams will be participating in the event and by 2026, the number of participating teams will be 48. The current champion is France having won the 2018 event for the second time. The 2022 FIFA event will be hosted in Qatar while the 2026 event will be jointly hosted by the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Also Read: How to Watch the Super Bowl on Roku
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When will the FIFA World Cup 2022 begin?
The FIFA World Cup 2022 will begin on 21st November 2022.
Will the FIFA World Cup 2022 air in Spanish? Where can I watch these games?
Yes, the FIFA World Cup 2022 will air in Spanish. The games in Spanish will be available on Telemundo, NBC Sports Network, and NBC Universo.
How can I get a streaming service subscription?
For getting a subscription from any streaming service, you need to make a purchase at the official website. Here are the general steps for the same:
- Go to the official website of the streaming service. For eg. for FuboTV, go to fubo.tv.
- Click on the Sign-Up or Free Trial (if applicable) option.
- You will be asked for some information such as Email Address, Password, Zip Code, etc. to complete the Sign-Up process.
- You may also get the option to sign-up using your Apple, Google, or Facebook account.
- On successful sign-up, choose a plan, make payment, and complete the process.
Once you get a subscription, you can stream FIFA events on your device.
Will FIFA World Cup 2022 be available on Peacock TV?
How can overseas viewers watch FIFA 2022?
Overseas viewers can watch FIFA 2022 via BBC iPlayer, the ITV Hub, and by using a VPN.