Are you planning to get a credit card? Discover is one of the best options in the United States with no annual fee and other benefits. The card is offered by Discover Financial Services via Discover Bank. Cashback bonuses are also offered on purchases through the Discover card. This article here will assist you in the entire process of getting a Discover Credit card. We have covered the application process, registration, and activation process. The card can be used only after activation. So, read on to know the Discover credit card activation via discover.com/activate.
How to Apply for a Discover Credit Card?
You can apply for the Discover credit card directly from the official website. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Go to the official website discover.com.
- Click on the ‘Credit Cards’ option under the ‘How can we help?’ section on the home page.
- A page with all the information related to different Discover credit cards will open.
- Choose the card you want and click the ‘Apply Now’ button next to it.
- Enter the basic information asked for and click the ‘Continue’ button. You can even choose to ‘Skip This Step’.
- In the next step, select your card design and enter information such as name, address, date of birth, employment status, monthly rent, income, and email address.
- Read the Terms & Conditions, tick the checkbox, and click the ‘Submit’ button.
Note: You can also check your eligibility for the credit card online before filling out the application form. This won’t affect your credit score.
Signing Up for an Online Discover Account
Although signing up for an online Discover account is not required, the activation can also be done without login information. However, if you have an account, verification of personal information is not required while activation. This will make the procedure simpler. Here are the steps to sign up for an online account:
- Go to the official website – www.discover.com and click the ‘Register Account’ link under the ‘Secure Account Login’ window on the home page.
- Click the ‘Register Now’ link under the ‘Credit Cards’ option.
- Directly visit the credit card registration page here.
- Enter information such as the 16-digit card number, expiry date, date of birth, and last four digits of SSN.
- Enter the Captcha in the given box and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Enter your personal information such as First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Password on the next page.
- Click the ‘Register’ button to complete the registration process.
Now that the registration process is complete, you can activate the card and start your shopping.
How to Activate Discover Credit Cards?
Activating a Discover credit card is a necessary step, the card cannot be used before this for security reasons. The Discover credit card can be activated online and via phone. We have covered both procedures in detail here.
|Discover Credit Card Activation|
Via Online Mode Without Log in With Log in Via Phone
There are two ways of activating the Discover credit card through online mode:
- Without log-in
- Through log-in
Activating Discover card without log-in
Follow the steps mentioned here to activate the discover card without log-in. Keep your card by your side while performing the activation process.
- Visit the official activation page at discover.com/activate.
- Click the option ‘Without Logging In’ under the ‘How would you like to proceed?’ question.
- Enter the card details such as 16-Digit Card Number, Card Expiration Date, 3-Digit Sequence ID, and Primary Cardmember information viz. Date of Birth and last four digits of SSN.
- Choose the Captcha option and enter the Captcha in the given space.
- Click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Complete the activation process by following the further on-screen instructions.
|Who is a Primary Cardholder?|
A Primary cardholder is a person who has opened a Discover card account. His/ her details are necessary for completing the activation process.
Activating Discover card using log-in details
You can activate the Discover card with your log-in credentials by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the official activation page – discover.com/activate.
- Click the option ‘Log In’ under the ‘How would you like to proceed?’ question.
- Enter your user ID, password, 3-digit sequence ID, and Captcha. Click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Complete the activation process. On successful activation, the card will be ready for use.
Activation via Phone Call
You can call Discover customer support at (800) 347-2683 to activate your card over the phone. Follow the voice instructions and provide the required details (card number, SSN, expiry date, etc.) to complete the process.
Note: If you are calling from outside the US, dial 1-224-888-7777 to reach Discover customer support.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who issues the Discover Credit Card?
The Discover Credit Card is issued by the Discover Bank.
What are the different types of Discover Credit Cards?
The different types of Discover credit cards are:
- Discover it Cash Back Card
- Discover it Miles Card
- Discover it Chrome Gas & Restaurants Card
- Discover it Secured Credit Card
- Discover it Student Cash Back Card
- Discover it Chrome for Students
- NHL Discover it
Q. What credit score is required for getting a Discover Credit Card?
The credit score requirement for a Discover Credit Card varies as per the card. For example, the standard Discover it Card is for those who have a good credit score while the Discover Secured card is for those with fair credit scores and are looking to build a good score.
Q. Can I withdraw with my Discover Credit Card?
No, currently there is no facility for withdrawal with the Discover Credit Card.
Q. Why is my Discover credit card transaction declining?
Here are some common reasons for declining transactions:
- The submitted information is incomplete.
- The credit limit is over.
- The CVV is incorrect.
- Discover credit card doesn’t authorize gaming transactions.
Q. Is there any minimum age requirement for getting a credit card?
The minimum age requirement in the US is 18 years. However, those below 18 can become authorized users on another’s account to use a credit card.