Channel 4 is the UK’s biggest free streaming service where you can enjoy more than 1500+ titles from Channel 4. What more can you ask for? All the popular TV shows, movies, and world dramas with no cost and unlimited access. Just sign up for an online account and enjoy the content. The channel also has an app, the All 4 app, available for both Android and iOS devices. The app has a huge library of shows from the past 30 years and shows from E4 and More4. Here, we have covered the All 4 app activation process for Roku in detail. However, before activation, you need to sign up for the Channel 4 account. The step-by-step process is mentioned below.
Signing Up for a Channel 4 Account | Registering for an All 4 Account
Creating an All 4 account will personalise your viewing experience. Here are the steps for completing the sign-up process:
- Go to the official website at channel4.com.
- Click the ‘Sign in to My4’ option on the top. The sign-in window will appear.
- Click the ‘register’ option beneath the ‘Let’s go’ button.
- The registration form will appear on the screen. Fill in the information such as email address and password. Click the ‘Next’ button.
- Provide the remaining information to complete the registration process.
Once the All 4 sign-up process is complete, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Personalised homepage and recommendations
- Relevant ads
- Continue watching from where you left off (on different devices)
- Add your favorite shows (or the one you want to watch) to ‘My List’
- Download your favorite shows and enjoy them offline
Activate All 4 App on Roku
Once you have signed up for an All 4 account, you can download the app on your Roku device and activate it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Roku Channel Store and search for the ‘All 4’ app.
- Select the app and click the ‘+Add Channel’ button.
- Once the download is complete, click the ‘Return to all channels’ button.
- Now, locate the app and open it.
- Sign into the app and you will see an activation code.
- Now, visit channel4.com/roku and you will reach the registration page.
- Enter your registered email address and password to sign in.
- After successful sign-in, enter the activation code in the given space. Activate the app.
- Once the activation is complete, the app on your Roku device will refresh and be ready for streaming.
Troubleshooting – All 4 App is not working on Roku
If the app is not working on your Roku device, try the following fixes:
- Restart the app.
- Further, you can uninstall and reinstall the app from the Roku Player. Follow the steps:
- Go to the Roku channel tile on the home screen, press the ‘*key on your remote, and select ‘Remove Channel’.
- Now, go to Settings> System> System Restart.
- Once the Player is turned on, download the app again.
If the issue is not resolved, contact the All 4 support team.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is there any age limit for signing up for a Channel 4 account?
Yes, as per the official website, you must be 16 or above to sign up.
Q. I see the ‘HDCP Error Detected’ message/ purple screen on my Roku device. How to resolve this?
You will see this error if the HDMI cable connected to your Roku device doesn’t support HDCP. Here’s what you can do to resolve this issue:
- Unplug the HDMI cable from your TV and Roku device.
- Turn off the TV and unplug the power cord for your TV and Roku Player.
- Reconnect the HDMI cable to the devices again (TV and Roku Player).
- And, now reconnect the power cords for each device and turn on the TV to check if the issue is resolved.
Q. How can I change my All4 registration details?
Here are the steps to be followed to change your registration details:
- Log into your All4 account and click ‘My 4’.
- Select Account Settings> Edit Details. Now, you can make the changes.
- Once done, click the ‘Save’ button to complete the process.
Please note that changes can be made to your title, first name, surname, display name, gender, email address, and home address.
Q. Is the content on All 4 apps really free to watch?
Yes, all the content on the All 4 app is free to watch because Channel 4 is a not-for-profit organisation and the programming is funded via advertising.
Q. If All 4 apps are free, why do I have to pay for All 4+ apps?
With the All 4 app, you will see ads while streaming. However, the All 4+ version will offer ad-free streaming. A 14-day free trial is offered after which you need to pay £3.99/ month (£39.99 yearly) for All 4+.