CBS is amongst America’s most watched networks for its iconic shows viz. Young Sheldon, 60 Minutes, FBI, Blue Bloods, Late Show, and many more. You can enjoy all the CBS content on your streaming devices and Smart TVs with the CBS App. The App is compatible with most streaming devices. All you need is a pay-TV Provider’s subscription. For information on the CBS App activation process on Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, and Fire TV, read the complete article.
Creating a CBS Account
Having a CBS account will help you stream the latest episodes, get recommendations, pick up watching from where you left off, and access your local CBS station. Here’s how you can sign up for a CBS account.
- Visit the official website at cbs.com.
- Click the ‘Sign In’ option at the top right corner.
- Now, click on the ‘Create Account’ button in the top right corner. Click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Provider details such as name, email address, password, Zip code, Date of birth, and gender. Click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Complete the sign-up process by providing your TV Provider’s details.
How to Activate the CBS App on Roku at cbs.com/tv/roku
Here are the steps to be followed for activating the CBS App on Roku:
1. Turn On your Roku device and go to the Streaming Channels section.
2. Now, select the search option and type in CBS App.
3. Select the app from the results and click the ‘Add Channel’ button to download the app.
4. Once the download is complete, locate the app on your Roku device and select the ‘Sign in with TV Provider’ option. Click the ‘Continue’ button. An activation code will appear on the screen. Note it down.
5. Now, visit cbs.com/tv/roku on your mobile or computer and enter the activation code in the provided space. Click the ‘Next’ button and complete the process.
6. The Roku screen will refresh.
7. Select your TV Provider and sign in using your username and password.
8. Click ‘Start Watching’ to watch your local CBS station and on-demand episodes of current shows.
How to Activate the CBS App on Amazon FireTV?
1. Download the CBS App on your Fire TV from the Amazon App Store.
2. Once the app is installed, open it and select the ‘Sign in with TV Provider’, then click the ‘Continue’ button. You will see a seven-digit activation code on the screen.
3. Go to cbs.com/tv/firetv from a mobile or computer browser. You will see a space for entering the code. Enter the code carefully and click the ‘Next’ button.
4. The app screen on your Fire TV will refresh (if the correct code is entered). Select your TV provider and sign in using the credentials.
5. After successful sign-in, click the ‘Start Watching’ option and enjoy CBS on your Fire TV.
Also Read: cbssports.com/firetv
How to Activate CBS App on Android TV?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to activate the CBS App on your Android TV:
- Go to the Play Store on your Android TV and search for the CBS App.
- Select the app and click the ‘Install’ button to begin the installation.
- Once the app is installed, select the ‘Sign in with TV Provider’ option and click ‘Continue’. An activation code will appear on the screen.
- Now, go to the activation page at cbs.com/tv/androidtv and enter the activation code in the provided space. Click the ‘Next’ button.
- Once the activation is successful, the app screen on your TV will refresh.
- Select your TV Provider and sign in using the credentials.
- On successful sign-in, click ‘Start Watching’ to watch CBS App content.
Activate CBS All Access on Apple TV?
Here are the steps to be followed for activating the CBS app on your Apple TV. The app is supported on 4th generation or later models.
1. Go to the App Store on your Apple TV.
2. Search the CBS App and click the “Get” button.
3. Launch the app and select “Sign in with TV provider” and then click to Continue button. You will see a code on your TV HomeScreen.
4. Go to the activation page at cbs.com/tv/appletv from your mobile device browser or computer browser.
5. Enter the five-digit activation code in the provided space and click the ‘Activate’ button.
6. After the activation is complete, go back to the TV screen.
7. Select your TV Provider and complete the sign-in process.
8. Click the ‘Start Watching’ button to stream CBS content on your Apple TV.
CBS App Common Errors – Fixes | Troubleshooting
Some common errors with troubleshooting tips are mentioned below:
Unable to stream shows on CBS App
If you are unable to stream CBS shows, look for the following things to fix the issue:
- If you are streaming a free episode, make sure you are connected to a good internet connection.
- If you are streaming an episode with the ‘lock’ icon, sign in using your TV Provider’s credentials.
Can’t hear audio while streaming, video only with no sound, distorted audio, or audio doesn’t match the video
Perform the following fixes:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the CBS App.
- Force quit the app.
- Restart your device and access the content again.
- Check if you meet the minimum system requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Can I stream the content directly on the CBS official website?
Yes, you can stream the content directly on the official website (via computer or mobile) through the following process:
- Go to the official CBS website.
- Click on the ‘TV Provider’ option at the top of the home page.
- Select your TV provider from the list.
- Sign in using your TV Provider’s details.
- Just click the ‘Start Watching’ option to stream current shows.
Q. Is the CBS app available for iPhone or iPad?
Yes, the CBS App is available on the App Store. You can download the app and sign in with your TV Provider’s credentials to access the content.
Q. Can I watch CBS content on my Android tablet?
Yes. Just download the CBS App from the Play Store and sign in using your TV Provider’s username and password.
Q. Can CBS content be accessed without a cable connection?
Yes, CBS content can be accessed without a cable connection via the streaming services such as Hulu with Live TV, DIRECTV Stream, fuboTV, and YouTube TV.