If you are a fan of Asian movies and shows, Viki is for you. Viki or Rakuten Viki is an American streaming platform that offers Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Singaporean, Taiwanese, and other Asian content in one place. The Viki app is compatible with all major streaming devices and has subtitles in more than 200 languages. So, you can enjoy the content in your preferred language.
Now, let’s check out how you can sign up and activate the Viki app on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Android TV, and other devices to enjoy our favorites.
How to sign up for a Viki Account?
The content on the Viki app is available for free. However, you need to have a Viki account to stream the content. Here is the process for signup:
- Go to the official website at www.viki.com.
- Click on the ‘Create Account’ button on the top right corner of the home page.
- Multiple options will appear on the screen for creating the Viki account via Google, Facebook, Email, Rakuten, and Apple. Select any option and continue.
- You will be asked to provide different information as per the option you choose. Fill in the information and complete the sign-up process.
Monthly and yearly subscription packages are also available for those who want to enjoy additional features such as HD video quality, access to exclusive content, original series, and ad-free streaming. So, you can also subscribe to the packages.
Activate Viki on Roku at viki.com/roku
Follow the steps mentioned here to activate the Viki app on Roku:
- Click the ‘Home’ button on your Roku remote and navigate to the Streaming Channels option.
- Search for the Viki app using the search icon.
- Select the app and click the ‘Add Channel’ option to install the app.
- Now, launch the app and go to ‘Settings’.
- Click the ‘Log in Now’ option and select ‘Generate Activation Code’. The code will appear on the screen.
- Now, from your computer or mobile device, go to viki.com/roku. Log into your Viki account and enter the activation code when asked.
- Click the ‘I have entered the code’ option to complete the process.
How to Activate Viki App on Fire TV?
Here’s how you can install and activate the Viki app on Fire TV:
- On the Fire TV home page, click on the ‘Search’ icon.
- Look for the Viki app in the Amazon App Store.
- Select the app and click on the ‘Get’ button to begin the download process.
- Once the download is complete, open the app and click the ‘Sign in to continue’ button. An activation code will appear on the screen.
- Now, from a computer or mobile device, go to viki.com/firetv. Sign in to your Viki account and enter the code in the provided box. Submit the code to complete the process.
- The Viki app on the Fire TV will refresh and be ready to stream.
Similar Post: my.upfaithandfamily.com/activate firestick
How to Activate Viki App on Apple TV?
To watch Viki content on Apple TV, follow the steps mentioned here:
- Go to the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Type in Viki in the search bar and select the app.
- Click the ‘Get’ button to begin the download procedure.
- Once the download is complete, launch the app.
- Click on the ‘Sign in to continue’ option. An activation code will appear on the screen.
- Visit viki.com/appletv from your phone or PC and sign in to your Viki account. Enter the Activation code when asked for and complete the activation process to enjoy Viki on your Apple TV.
How to Activate Viki App on Android TV?
Using the following steps, activate the Viki app on Android TV:
- On your Android TV home page, select the ‘Apps’ icon and open the Play Store app.
- Search for the Viki app in the Play Store.
- Select Rakuten Viki and click the ‘Install’ button to download the app on your Android TV.
- Launch the app and click the Sign In> Login with Google, Rakuten, or Facebook option. An activation code will appear on the screen.
- From a PC or mobile device, go to viki.com/androidtv and log in to your Viki account. Enter the activation code and complete the process.
- On successful activation, the app will refresh on your Android TV. You can now watch your favorite shows.
How can I Access the Viki App on my Mobile Phone?
Accessing the Viki app content on your mobile device is an easy process. Just follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the App Store (iOS devices) or Play Store (Android devices) on your mobile phone.
- Search for the Viki app.
- Select the app and click the button to download/ install the app. For iOS users, if prompted, enter the Face/ Touch ID or password.
- Wait for the download procedure to get complete.
- Once the app is downloaded to our device, open the app.
- Tap on the Login button and enter the Viki account credentials to log in.
- Once the log-in is done, you can enjoy watching Viki content.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there any free trial for the Viki Subscription?
Yes, a seven-day free trial is available to a new user. If you don’t want the amount to be deducted from your account, cancel the subscription before the free trial ends.
I see only subtitles with audio on my mobile device. No video is seen, only a black screen. Why so?
This issue occurs due to Digital Rights Management (DRM) with your mobile device. In some cases, it will get resolved by restarting the device. Go to Settings> Software Update> Restart your device. Also, watch the episode on another device such as a laptop or computer.
How can I turn off the subtitles on my Android TV?
- On the video player, click the ‘CC’ option.
- Select the ‘Off’ option to turn off the subtitles.
Will the downloaded titles expire? And in how many days?
Yes, the download titles have a time limit and they expire after that. The countdown left to watch the title is mentioned on each download. And, after the time expires, it displays ‘Expired’.
Can I stream Viki via Google Chromecast?
Yes, you can stream Viki content via Google Chromecast on both iOS and Android devices.