You can unlock the episodes on NBC and watch live TV events by activating the NBC channel on your device. If you have a pay TV or digital TV service, you can link your service with NBC and enjoy your favorite content on your connected device/ Smart TV. For this, first, you need to complete the activation process. Just download the NBC app on your device and activate it through the official activation page. Here’s how you can download and activate the NBC app on Roku. The app can also be downloaded on Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, and Xbox devices. We have covered a general procedure for activating the app on these devices.
How to Download the NBC App on Roku?
Follow the steps mentioned here to download the NBC app on Roku:
1. Turn on the Roku device and go to the Streaming Channels option from the home screen.
2. Search for the NBC app and select the app from the search results.
3. Click the ‘Add Channel’ option to download the app to your device. Once the installation is complete, click the ‘Go to Channel’ option.
Activate NBC on Roku at nbc.com/roku
Now that you have downloaded the NBC app on Roku, follow the steps mentioned here to activate the App:
1. Launch the channel/ app to generate an activation code.
2. Now, go to nbc.com/roku and enter the activation code in the provided space.
3. Click the ‘Continue’ button. Select your device and TV Provider.
4. Sign in using your TV Provider’s credentials. Proceed with the activation process.
5. Once the activation is complete, watch NBC content on your Roku device.
Similar Post: rumble.com/roku.link
How to Watch NBC on Roku without Cable?
You can also watch NBC on Roku without any cable service. For this, you need to have a subscription to a streaming service. Here are the services that have Roku:
Hulu + Live TV plan starting at $69.99 per month offers access to NBC along with Oxygen, Food Network, and more. You can also enjoy on-demand TV shows, movies, and Hulu Originals.
NBC on Roku is also available on YouTube TV. The plan costs $64.99 per month. You can stream on-demand titles and watch other channels such as BET, MTV, HGTV, MSNBC, TNT, and more. You can also record your favorite shows via the DVR feature.
Sling TV is one of the affordable streaming services on Roku. It offers three plans and two of these include NBC. The plans are Blue Plan costing $35 per month and the Orange & Blue Plan costing $50 per month. The streaming service includes more than 50+ channels such as BBC America, CNN, Bravo, Cartoon Network, AXS TV, and more.
NBC is available on both fuboTV plans – Pro Plan and Elite Plan. The former costs $69.99 per month and the latter costs $79.99 per month. These plans also have other entertainment channels such as AMC, CBS, ABC, FX, and more.
How to Activate the NBC App on other Devices?
Apart from Roku, you can stream NBC on other devices namely Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, and Xbox One. Here we are covering a general procedure for activating the app on these devices.
- First, you need to locate the App Store/ Channel Store / Apps section on your device/ Smart TV.
- Then, search for the NBC app and download it on your device.
- Once the download is complete, locate the app on the home screen and launch it.
- You will see an activation code on the screen along with some instructions.
- Visit the nbc.com/activate page from a mobile device or PC.
- You will see a box with instructions to enter the activation code. Enter the code in the provided space. Click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Choose your TV Provider and log in using the credentials.
- Complete the activation process.
- The app on your device will refresh to stream your favorite content.
Also Read: Watch Super Bowl without Cable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the cost of streaming NBC live on Roku?
You need to have a subscription to a TV Provider or streaming service for streaming NBC on Roku.
What channels are available on NBC?
You will get all the NBCUniversal content and the content from NBCUniversal Family viz. USA, SYFY, E!, Oxygen, and Bravo.
How can I get NBC credits and how do they work?
When you create a profile with NBC Universal, you will receive three credits. You can also get credits during special offers and promotions. The credits will give you access to a locked episode. With one credit you can unlock only one episode. Please note that you do not need credits to watch a recent episode.
NBC Activation is not working on my device. What to do?
Wherever you carry out NBC app activation on your device, you will receive an activation code. If you are facing activation issues after entering the activation code, follow the following fixes:
- The code remains valid only for a few minutes. So, make sure you are using it as soon as it is generated.
- Make sure the code you are entering is correct.
- Use a different browser for activation.
- Use a different device.
- Clear cookies and cache from your browser and try again.
- If nothing works, uninstall the app, reinstall it, and regenerate the activation code.
- Contact the support team at NBC, if the issue still persists.
On what other devices can I activate the NBC app?
You can activate and stream the NBC app on devices such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Xbox One. You only need to have a participating TV Providers package or a streaming service subscription. Make sure your package has NBC in the channel lineup.
Is NBC free?
NBC won’t charge you for accessing the official website or app. However, for watching some video content, you will be required to complete the authentication process which means you need to sign in using your pay-TV provider’s credentials. You will also require authorization from your TV Provider for live streaming.